You need to have the correct posture when you are seated at the piano, otherwise you can experience back pain and stress in your joints.
1. The first rule of correct posture is to keep your back straight. Your torso may bend towards the piano.
2. Keep your head up. DON’T crane your neck to look at the sheet music. The sheet music should be positioned for easy visibility.
3. Your shoulders and arms should be loose and relaxed. If you need to do some stretches beforehand, feel free!
4. Your arms should be parallel with the height of the keys and bend at the elbow in an angle of slightly greater than 90 degrees.
5. Your thighs should be parallel with the floor. To ensure this, you should use an adjustable chair.
6. Your right foot should be set forward towards the pedals, while your left foot should rest midway between the pedals and your chair.
7. Keep enough distance between your chair and the piano that you can reach the pedals and keys comfortably, yet have freedom of movement. If your chair is too close, your body will get in the way of your elbows. If your chair is too far away, you will have to bend forward to reach the keys.
Software Testing Tools
5 years ago